Friday, April 11, 2014

My Personal Top 5 Movies Ever

Hola amigos!
So after a few months of inactivity, I am finally making another blog post! Sorry for the delay, but this will more than make up for it. This blog, although the title says differently, is for all kinds of stuff. I have decided to also include film and television series related content as well as gaming content. So, not that I've gotten past this part, we shall begin.

Over my absence, I have watched a whole butt load of films. Finally, after many years of figuring it out, I have my 5 favorite movies in order of love I show to them compiled. So, without further ado, I present to you my top 5 films ever!

5. Frozen
We start off this list with the recently released Disney film about a queen who has ice-based powers, and her sister who must find her. This, however, did not make this film my 10th favorite. The jokes that spring from the character of Olaf, an anthropomorphic snowman, as well as how well the "Let it Go" sequence was done. This film well deserved it's over 1 billion dollar box office gross.

4. The Lego Movie
Another kids movie? You may be thinking I'm 5 or something, but nope. The Lego Movie follows Emmett, an ordinary construction worker who finds out he is part of a prophecy where he must become the most important person in all the universe. This movie ends up here because of its spectacular writing and ensemble cast, with such people as Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Allison Brie, and Charlie Day. Even if you are a grown adult, it offers great laughs for all ages.

3. Dr. Strangelove
Boy, that escalated quickly, didn't it? Dr. Strangelove is a black comedy about nuclear annihilation. This film, released in 1964 and directed by the great Stanley Kubrick, focuses on the U.S. and Russia's attempts at stoping a nuclear strike on Russia after a crazed general orders such. Peter Sellers, most popularly known for his role as Inspector Clouseau in The Pink Panther, delivers a spectacular performance in 3 roles, a British RAF transfer on the Air Force base where the general is, the president, and the titular Dr. Strangelove, a german scientist who displays nazi based tendencies, such as nervously ticking the hitler salute, as well as calling the president führer on multiple occasions. While old cold war humor pours from this movie, it's worth watching if you get that kind of stuff. Many laughs will be shared, I guarantee it.

2. The Dark Knight Rises
While many would put it's predecessor on this list, I feel that the final part of Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy fits so much better. In this, after an 8 year long gap of a lack of organized crime, Bane comes to Gotham and breaks the streak. This is good simply because it brings enough closure to the trilogy to where no more had to even be made. Tom Hardy's performance of Bane is amazing, and you must check it out if you haven't.

1. Pulp Fiction
Do I even need to explain this one? #IjustshotMarvinintheface

No comments:

Post a Comment